Friday, September 5, 2008

Can you hear me now?

Took the boy into the doctor this morning. We've been thinking he couldn't hear...he wouldn't answer sometimes and his teachers have said he doesn't pay attention. So I ran him in to the peds office just to see. Turns out he failed the hearing test. Not can't hear a little, maybe some fluid in his ear. Flat out can't hear the test beeps. I could hear the beeps with the tester in his ear. It was that loud. He couldn't hear it at all. So he is headed to the ENT next week. Needless to say...I'm worried.



The thought of my sweet little boy not being able to hear me say I love you breaks my heart into tiny shards. I've felt like a huge wet blanket has been on my head all day long. He asks what's wrong; I tell him it's nothing. Mommy's worried about the storm (which I am), but not as she is about your little ears.

2 comments:

karengreeners said...

Yikes. Hope things are ok. Could it just be temporary?
I know when they are toddlers their ears plain old fall off, but I guess that's not quite the same.

motherbumper said...

Oh I hope it just temporary - it would worry me too.